[pulseaudio-discuss] gnome fast user switch disables sound

Steeve McCauley steeve at oneguycoding.com
Mon May 12 08:03:55 PDT 2008

This problem has been driving me nuts for quite some time.

I'm using gnome fast-user-switch to enable multiple user logins
in fedora8.  The way I've always had my desktop setup is to always
play music from one user, and then we switch around between users
and continue to listen to the music.  But it seems that something
in pulse is disabling the users playback when we switch X consoles.
When we swtich back sound is re-enabled.

Is there any way I disable this behaviour?

Steeve McCauley                                      steeve at oneguycoding.com
:wq                                                  http://oneguycoding.com
Philosophy:  unintelligible answers to insoluble problems.