[pulseaudio-discuss] pulseaudio hell after upgrade

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Sat May 17 05:59:26 PDT 2008

On Sat, 17.05.08 14:30, Udo van den Heuvel (udovdh at xs4all.nl) wrote:

> So in a nutshell: pulseaudio works, just not with the right card.
> How do I explain pulseaudio to bother with just alsa card 0?

Just start the PA volume control (pavucontrol) and right click on the
output device. It will show you a context menu to make the device
default.

Because this might be hard to find the pavucontrol UI tries to make
you aware of it by means of a label in the middle of the dialog
explaining it.

Please note that this will make a device default only for
previously-unknown streams. For streams PA already knows it will
restore the device it used last time (which is a feature, no a
bug). Just right click on a stream to move it to another device and PA
will remember for the next time.