[pulseaudio-discuss] pulseaudio hell after upgrade

Udo van den Heuvel udovdh at xs4all.nl
Sat May 17 06:04:16 PDT 2008

Udo van den Heuvel wrote:
> I just want the on-board HDA-Intel (card 0) to be used as default by
> pulse-audio.
> Pulseaudio has nothing to do with the M2496 card nor with the HDMI card.

I can get this to work by commenting out the automatical driver loading
and add `load-module module-alsa-sink device_id=0`.
Then I have sound, only xmms does still complain although I do select
the pulseaudio output plugin.

What could be wrong?

And how can I get this to work with automagic module loading?

Kind regards,
Udo