[pulseaudio-discuss] pulseaudio hell after upgrade

Udo van den Heuvel udovdh at xs4all.nl
Sat May 17 06:27:45 PDT 2008

Udo van den Heuvel wrote:
>> Please note that this will make a device default only for
>> previously-unknown streams. For streams PA already knows it will
>> restore the device it used last time (which is a feature, no a
>> bug). Just right click on a stream to move it to another device and PA
>> will remember for the next time.
>
> Thanks. I'll try to re-enable the automagic module loading and see if
> your method works as well.

Basically this works!
It's just that after a logout/login, the system sounds stop working.
But xmms sound keeps working.

I can then route a stream via teh right card (e.g.
gnome-sound-properties) but the system sounds are too short to be able
to click them.
How could I fix this issue?

Kind regards,
Udo