[pulseaudio-discuss] Intercepting PulseAudio sound for EQ display?

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Sun Oct 26 11:59:24 PDT 2008

On Sat, 25.10.08 14:17, Josh Lehan (krellan at krellan.com) wrote:

> Colin Guthrie wrote:
> > You can see the calls in pavucontrol, which in recent versions shows a
> > per-stream eq level... that code should be ripe for the picking! :)
>
> Thanks!  I guess my next question would be, is there a way to use the
> monitor stream as a *filter*, and not just as a monitor?
>
> That is, I'd love to input the monitor stream, change it a little bit,
> then resubmit it.  The resubmitted data would become the new output
> stream.  This would add latency, though, but it might be useful.  Is
> there a way currently to do this in PA?

No.

You can monitor streams and output by recording from a monitor source.

You can filter data in-process using something similar to what
module-ladspa-sink does.

Filtering out-of-process is not really possible right now. And I don't
think it makes too much sense to add this. We're not trying to become
JACK.