[pulseaudio-discuss] pavumeter shows nothing.

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Fri Sep 5 05:31:00 PDT 2008

Achim Frase wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am testing pulseaudio 0.9.11 in Intrepid (ubuntu8.10) and I have
> noticed that pavumeter doesn't show anything.
>
> I am using this ppa from Luke Yelavich
> http://launchpad.net/~themuso/+archive
> https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-devel/2008-August/026221.html
>
> I have filled a bug report at Launchpad.
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/265003

> product: 82801G (ICH7 Family) High Definition Audio Controller
>
> Is that a known problem or am I hitting a bug?

You are looking at the Playback tab and not the "Output devices" right?

If there are no active streams, pavucontrol will default to the output
devices tab, otherwise it will show you the Playback tab...

That said, my current build (probably quite old) has a habit of jumping
back to the "output devices" tab quite often...

   Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]