[pulseaudio-discuss] Skype over NX session (Pulse setup)?

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Mon Sep 22 16:28:22 PDT 2008

Janusz Syrytczyk wrote:
> What does not work is Skype. I would like to have it on NX terminal. What I
> shall configure to have it done?

Wellllll... See https://developer.skype.com/jira/browse/SCL-271

Basically Skype does not play nice with pulse. The latest alsa-plugin
for pulse in 1.0.18rc3 is much better but still has some issues.

Some people have had some degree of work with the OSS version of skype
(they offer the current version in OSS flavour but it's harder to find
on their site).

Sadly, until Skype fixes their closed source app, there is little that
can be done beyond the above.

   Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]