[pulseaudio-discuss] Problems with pulseaudio / asla on PS3

Kevin Gilbert kevin952 at tpg.com.au
Wed Sep 24 16:01:29 PDT 2008

On Fri, 5 Sep 2008, you opined:
> Will do. Thanks for all your help. I'll post back here if/when I get some
> resolution from the ALSA folk (just to close the loop so that any people
> searching this thread in the future know what the solutions was).

For what it worth and to close this thread off.

In addition, I am now no longer interested in helping solve this problem. This
whole issue with Linux on the PS3 is a complete disaster. It is nowhere near
ready for use outside of developers labs.

What started out as a fun coding exercise to develop a simple jukebox
application has turned into an almighty nightmare. First with the
alsa/pulseaudio/phonon/? problems; then QtEmbedded doesn't compile with MySQL
support; and, finally, getting the Sixaxis controller to be recognised under
Linux.

I "Give Up"(tm). I'll be buying a "normal" box to be used as my HTPC.

Thanks to all those that tried to solve this problem - despite the above
comments, your help was _really_ appreciated. It's just that I've run out of
patience and motivation.