[pulseaudio-discuss] padevchooser not picking up available network paserver

Stefan Nantz stefan at nantz.de
Fri Apr 3 05:12:30 PDT 2009

Hello All,

I have a Mythtv box connected to the stereo which is my pa-server, the
Laptop which I use to stream the sound from.

I start padevchooser on the laptop to have the option of selecting a
ap-server (local or remote)

now I start the pa-server on the mythtv box and the padevchooser
notifies me that it found a new server. Everything work fine.

The PROBLE is:

when I disconnect the laptop (suspend or lose wifi connection) and the
connection is reestablished the ps-server (mythtv box) never shows up
in the padevchooser unless I restart the ps-server on the mythtv box.

Is there a way to scanning the network for available pa-servers or to
set an interval on the pa-server (mythtv) to broadcast its presents so
that the padevchooser picks it up again?

Best Regards

Stefan