[pulseaudio-discuss] no headphone-speaker switch

Xabier Artaechevarria Artieda xabiarta at unav.es
Fri Apr 3 07:01:18 PDT 2009

  Hi all,

I have problems to switch from speakers to headphones in my HP
Pavilion dv4 laptop with Fedora 10.

The thing is that the switch does not occur automatically
and I can not force it either. Only restarting with headphones or
without headphones allows me to use or do not use them.

I have read in some forums that choosing the right model in the
"alsa-base"
file could solve the issue. However, there is no such file in my
disk.
Instead, I have tried adding the line:

  options snd-hda-intel model=hp-m4

in /etc/modprobe.d/modprobe.conf.dist. But it does not work.
I also tried creating a new /etc/modprobe.d/modprobe.conf and adding
the same line, but does not solve the problem either.

Thanks for your help,
Xabier

--
Xabier Artaechevarria