[pulseaudio-discuss] Hard CPU time limit aborts [Was: Re: memblock.c: Assertion 'pa_atomic_load(&b->pool->stat.n_imported) > 0' Aborting]

Philip Walden pwaldenlinux at comcast.net
Mon Apr 6 10:24:31 PDT 2009

Philip Walden wrote:
> Lennart Poettering wrote:
>> On Tue, 03.03.09 12:18, Philip Walden (pwaldenlinux at comcast.net) wrote:
>>

>>> I run pulseaudio for days on end. It drives a house sound system,
>>> which  plays music and radio to a cron schedule, even when I am
>>> away. I have a  USB sound card and an internal pci sound device both
>>> driven via a  combined sink.
>>>
>>> Every few days or so, the pulseaudio server dies with the one of
>>> following messages. Logging out-in restores the service. The problem
>>> is  that I'd like to have it last at least 2-3 weeks.
>>>
>>> localhost pulseaudio[25023]: memblock.c: Assertion
>>> 'pa_atomic_load(&b->pool->stat.n_imported) > 0' failed at
>>> pulsecore/memblock.c:634, function memblock_replace_import(). Aborting.
>>>
>>> localhost pulseaudio[19753]: memblock.c: Assertion
>>> 'pa_atomic_load(&b->pool->stat.n_imported) > 0' failed at
>>> pulsecore/memblock.c:188, function stat_remove(). Aborting.
>>>
>>> I have only recently joined the mailing list and I have not seen
>>> any  threads that deal with this particular problem. Any advice
>>> appreciated.
>>>

>> Please provide a full back trace of this issue.
>>
>> http://pulseaudio.org/wiki/Community#BugsPatchesTranslations
>>
>> Also, please paste the full output of "ls" in pacmd. I need to know
>> which PA modules actually get loaded on your machine.
>>
>> Lennart
>>
> The crashed pulseaudio server does not seem to be leaving a core file
> (so as to generate a stack trace) that I can spot. Is there some
> configuration I need to set to make it do this?
>
> Here is the pacmd ls output:
>
> < ls output deleted >
I still get pulseaudio crashes every few days or so. I have been
restarting the server from a terminal to hopefully get a core, but there
is never a core file. However, I am getting a variety of failures logged.

-> E: object.c: Assertion 'pa_object_refcnt(o) > 0' failed at
pulsecore/object.c:53, function pa_object_ref(). Aborting.

-> Soft CPU time limit exhausted, terminating.
Hard CPU time limit exhausted, terminating forcibly.

-> Soft CPU time limit exhausted, terminating.
W: module-rescue-streams.c: Failed to move sink input 481 "Simultaneous
output on ALSA PCM on front:0 (Maestro3) via DMA" to
alsa_output.usb_device_471_110_noserial_if0_sound_card_0_alsa_playback_0.
Hard CPU time limit exhausted, terminating forcibly.