[pulseaudio-discuss] pulseaudio system requirements?

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Mon Apr 13 11:34:51 PDT 2009

'Twas brillig, and Tim Redfern at 13/04/09 15:19 did gyre and gimble:
> Hi I'm trying to set up pulseaudio on a small linux box and although its
> working, the audio keeps stopping and starting constantly. When the
> stream is playing the cpu use of pulseaudio is >50% which I presume is
> bad.
>
> The machine is an NSLU2, 266mhz arm with 32MB ram running debian lenny
> (pulseaudio version 9.10.4). -

Can you try again with the version?

It'll either be 0.9.10 or 0.9.14... 9.10.4 is not an upstream version
number (the extra .4 could be a debian package subrelease but I'm not
familiar with that scheme)

> Are there any other options I could try?
> Has anyone sucessfully run pulseaudio on a 'slug?

If you are using 0.9.14 then I'd suggest disabling glitch-free may be an
option.. i.e passing tsched=0 to module-alsa-sink. If it's 0.9.10 then
this will have no effect as it already uses that mode in the older version.

   Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]