[pulseaudio-discuss] PulseAudio and Bluetooth

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Fri Apr 17 04:49:20 PDT 2009

On Thu, 2009-04-16 at 21:26 +0200, Lennart Poettering wrote:
> Heya!

Hi,

> So you want to get BT audio working with PA?

I'd be happy just to have BT audio working in any manner at all, but for
over a year it's been a non-starting struggle.

> Then please make sure to
> run the following minimal versions:
>
>     bluez 4.35
>     pulseaudio 0.9.15 (final!)
>     gnome-bluetooth 2.27.4
>     kernel 2.6.29 with http://cvs.fedoraproject.org/viewvc/devel/kernel/git-bluetooth.patch?revision=1.2 applied

Heh.  This seems to _always_ be the case for BT.  If I had a nickel for
every time I heard/read "the next kernel release will solve that" (and
of course, the corollary: "just add these patches to your kernel")...

I'm sure that by the time my distro's kenrel (yeah, I know, I could roll
my own kenrels, but that's what I use a distro for -- I have no desire
nor time to be my own package manager) catches up to 2.6.29+above_patch
there will be some new requirement that I use an even newer kernel
and/or patches.  :-(

None of this is your fault, of course.  Just describing one man's
ongoing experience with BT on Linux.

> Also, ISSC dongles seem to be broken with HSP/HFP audio.

How do I know if I have an ISSC dongle or not?

b.