[pulseaudio-discuss] No readable data when connecting stream to input or monitor sources

Erik Botö erik.boto at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 23:16:23 PDT 2009

Hi,

I have an ARM-based embedded platform I have developed a pulseaudio
client for. The client needs to play and record (from line in/mic)
audio simultaneously in 8 kHz. When I run the application on my
x86-based dev-system the application works nicely, but when I run on
target I get no data from the line-in interface. The stream read
callback is never called and if I try polling to see the amount of
readable data it says 0 bytes. Unfortunately I can only get pulseaudio
0.9.11 and earlier to build in Open Embedded which I use to build my
target environment (libtool version problem) and on my devsystem I use
0.9.14, but I have been careful not to use any API-function that is
new.

If I run pulseaudio in an interactive shell and run list-sources I can
see that module-alsa-source is autoloaded and that my client is
connected to the source, but the current latency keeps increasing with
time. After trying to record approx. 10 s the latency will be 10 s.
The line-in interface works nicely with alsa so alsa supports the chip
(ak4647) nicely. I have also tried to connect to the monitor stream of
the sink, but I do not get any data from that source either.

A pulseaudio -vvv log of a test run can be found at:
http://pastebin.com/fb6c4400 . (Should this be handled using pastebin,
attached files or in the mail itself?)

Any help are much appreciated!

Best regards,