[pulseaudio-discuss] Pulseaudio server for playing 32-bit chroot sounds on 64-bit host machine

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Thu Apr 23 05:19:00 PDT 2009

'Twas brillig, and Ng Oon-Ee at 23/04/09 11:02 did gyre and gimble:
> To add-on to the above topic.
>
> I've mentioned earlier in my initial mail that my /tmp folder contains
> two different pulse-XXXX directories. My googling has revealed that it
> seems the XXXX should be my username, but as far as I've observed, that
> does not seem to be the case in my install, could that be the source of
> the problem?

No, the information you found is outdated. Using a username can lead to
other users doing a kind of DoS (Denial of Sound!) attack by creating a
file owned by themselves with your username in it.

   Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]