[pulseaudio-discuss] native pulseaudio equalizer submission

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Thu Aug 6 06:06:34 PDT 2009

On Thu, 06.08.09 12:40, Tanu Kaskinen (tanuk at iki.fi) wrote:

> to, 2009-08-06 kello 10:24 +0100, Colin Guthrie kirjoitti:
> > 'Twas brillig, and Jason Newton at 06/08/09 02:07 did gyre and gimble:
> > > This work has a dependency on Tanu's dbus branch
> >
> > > I'd love to get this in in time for 0.9.16.
> >
> > While this work is greate, I think the dependency/goal are mutually
> > exclusive.
> >
> > I suspect you probably need to target 0.9.17 or .18 (not sure when
> > Tanu's branch is aiming to be merged...
>
> I don't know when 0.9.16 is expected to be released, but given that
> there have already been some test releases, getting the D-Bus stuff in
> 0.9.16 seems unlikely. My goal is to have the code ready for review by
> the end of this month.

Yes, 0.9.16 is mostly set in stone now.

There are three issues I still want to fix before the final release:

- There are two asserts in module-combine/module-sink-remap that can
  be hit and which should be fixed

- I plan to make minor modifications to flat vol, so that volume
  increases are forwarded from the stream to the sink, but volume
  decreases are not.

- I plan to modify the drop-out handling in the tsched ALSA backend so
  that sleep times can be automatically extended again if everything
  went fine for a longer period of time. Right now they are only ever
  shortened.

Other than that only minor fixes that might come up due to testing and
translations should find there way into 0.9.16.

lennart [at] poettering [dot] net