[pulseaudio-discuss] pulseaudio error message

Patrick Shirkey pshirkey at boosthardware.com
Thu Aug 6 23:41:48 PDT 2009

Hi,

I have repeatedly had the following error message after installing the
following package:

yum install alsa-plugins-pulseaudio.i586

- I get the same error messages with skype and while playing youtube
videos in firefox:

socket(): Address family not supported by protocol
ALSA lib pulse.c:272:(pulse_connect) PulseAudio: Unable to connect:
Connection refused

- I have added my user as a member of the pulse group.

- I am running Fedora 11 64 bit with pulseaudio-0.9.16-test4-7-gaa74

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Almost everything I have found online says to disable pulseaudio which
is not at all what I want to do.

Please cc me on the response.

Cheers.

--