[pulseaudio-discuss] Pulseaudio 0.16-test4 - my experience

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Fri Aug 7 01:38:16 PDT 2009

'Twas brillig, and Maxim Levitsky at 06/08/09 15:47 did gyre and gimble:
> Also, shouldn't pavuconrol not show the notify sound in playback page?
> (otherwise it is impossible to change device for a stream)

pavucontrol has a volume slider for "System Sounds". This is presented
as "mono" however, so you can't change the balance.

Also you cannot change the device for system sounds. It's easy enough to
do this in the UI, but the rule storage is a bit more awkward... I still
need to think a bit about the whole rule thing and how it can be made
more flexible for other uses I want to make of it...

   Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]