[pulseaudio-discuss] Solved [was Re: pulseaudio error message]

Patrick Shirkey pshirkey at boosthardware.com
Fri Aug 7 19:28:24 PDT 2009

Hi,

I was wondering why the 64 bit version of libflashplayer was looking for
the 32 bit libs. So I removed the 32 bit libs and linked the 64 bit libs
to the same location.

rm -rf /usr/lib/alsa-lib/libasound_module_*pulse.so
ln /usr/lib64/alsa-lib/libasound_module_*_pulse.so /usr/lib/alsa-lib/

Restart firefox and now the sound works and I can see the npviewer alsa
stream in "Sound Preferences".

firefox->flash(64)->pulse->jack.

Strangely though after restarting firefox the output for pulse had
managed to change itself to my HDMI device when it had previously been
set to jack-sink.

Now I have a similar problem with a mismatch for the helix plugin that
firefox is reporting.

BTW, I left pulse running overnight while connected to jack and it has
stayed up the whole night while under no system load. That is a good
sign for the base stability. They have been connected for about 10 hours
now.

Cheers.

Patrick Shirkey
Boost Hardware Ltd