[pulseaudio-discuss] Assertion failed with module-remap-sink

Jan Kasprzak kas at fi.muni.cz
Sun Aug 9 15:17:54 PDT 2009

	Hello,

	I have a multi-seat desktop, and I am trying to configure two
output jacks as two virtual soundcards for two different seats. I use
module-alsa-sink and module-remap-sink. However, when I try to enable
module-remap-sink, PA crashes on startup with the following message:

E: sink-input.c: Assertion 'PA_SINK_INPUT_IS_LINKED(i->thread_info.state)' failed at pulsecore/sink-input.c:807, function pa_sink_input_update_max_request(). Aborting.
Aborted

When I comment out the module-remap-sink line from default.pa, it starts
up correctly, and I can even load the module-remap-sink later using
pacmd.

	My system is Fedora 11, and the command lines in default.pa
are the following ones:

load-module module-alsa-sink device=hw:0 sink_name=sndcard channels=8 channel_map=front-left,front-right,aux0,aux1,aux2,aux3,aux4,aux5

# load-module module-remap-sink sink_name=secondary master=sndcard channels=2 master_channel_map=aux0,aux1 channel_map=front-left,front-right

	How can I fix this? Or should the problem be discussed in
the Fedora Bugzilla instead?

	Thanks,

-Yenya

--
| Jan "Yenya" Kasprzak  <kas at {fi.muni.cz - work | yenya.net - private}> |
| GPG: ID 1024/D3498839      Fingerprint 0D99A7FB206605D7 8B35FCDE05B18A5E |