[pulseaudio-discuss] INSTALL File

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Mon Aug 10 12:44:27 PDT 2009

On Sat, 08.08.09 23:35, Esben Stien (b0ef at esben-stien.name) wrote:

> It would be nice with an INSTALL file in the distribution. It would also
> be nice with some information on how to compile from GIT on the website.
>
> I've compiled pulseaudio many times from GIT/SVN, but now it ran into
> some problems, so maybe there exists some official information I'm
> supposed to follow.

Hmm, there are a few docs in the wiki.

Generally, compiling PA is a job for distributors. It requires deep
integration into the distribution, so this is really nothing you can
just do on-the-go by grabbing a tarball and running configure on it.

Sure we could document this better and in more detailed steps, but I
am not sure who'd we reach with that who isn't already reached, but
who we shouldbe reaching?

Also, this is a Free Software project. Patches always welcome!

lennart [at] poettering [dot] net