[pulseaudio-discuss] Best place/way to incorporate a convolver into the audio stream

Jason Newton nevion at gmail.com
Sat Aug 15 01:18:37 PDT 2009

As Tanu says, you might want to take a look at my work.  I already
implemented convolution but I do it with FFTs (it's the same thing, just
faster).  I also assume one global filter for all channels.  The sink as
I've said before is already quite usable but is actively trying to keep
up with mainline to fix various issues left behind.  Btw, while I named
my sink "equalizer" its really more of just a convolver and so it might
be the case to where we should put in the extra bit of work and just
make it a module-fir-filter-sink or some such.  The add-on work is
horrendous, I just haven't had a reason for it myself.

git clone git://gitorious.org/pulseaudio-equalizer/pulseaudio-equalizer.git
git clone git://gitorious.org/qpaeq/qpaeq.git

Jason