[pulseaudio-discuss] Pulse -> ALSA:spdif broken on my Fedora 10 system.

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Wed Aug 19 16:04:39 PDT 2009

On Tue, 18.08.09 16:23, Colin Guthrie (gmane at colin.guthr.ie) wrote:

>> Perhaps it should be updated since the device section would lead one
>> to believe that the hw:x,x nomenclature is the proper way to set the
>> device argument. I don't think at this point I'm enough of an expert
>> on PA to do it otherwise I would volunteer.
>
> Actually looking at the code in alsa-sink.c the default device is not
> "default" which seems like it's asking for trouble if alsa is routed to
> PA :s
>
> The wiki is actually pretty out of date overall with regards to module
> documentation... I wonder if we can do something code based to
> automatically update it (e.g. generate the wiki docs from the doxygen
> docs in some capacity...) Hmmmmm

I thought about moving the docs for the modules into the modules
themselves. I mean, we have some basic module argument documentation
already in the sources (PA_MODULE_USAGE()). Should be possible to
extend that a little and then even generate man pages/web site from
that. I.e. Something like PA_MODULE_DOCUMENTATION or suchlike.

But then again embedding non-trivial text in C is ugly, too many """".

Ideas and patches welcome.

lennart [at] poettering [dot] net