[pulseaudio-discuss] Sending all audio out S/PDIF

Nasa nasa01 at comcast.net
Thu Aug 27 18:22:49 PDT 2009

Hi,

Earlier this month in a thread titled Pulse -> ALSA:spdif broken on my Fedora 10 system there was discussion on how to send audio
out the digital (ie spdif) port.  At the end of the thread I gathered that adding the following to the default.pa file would do the trick...

load-module module-alsa-sink devie=spdif

However, I haven't had much luck -- getting the following errors:

Failed to parse module arguments
E: module.c: Failed to load  module "module-alsa-sink"

Could someone enlighten me on what I am missing?

I am attempting to send all of my audio out of my spdif port, and I do expect to have to do some mixing at some point. Why? audio in my car is done via spdif and I expect to have audio for both music and gps directions at the same time.  Is this going to be possible?  Thanks
in advanced.

Nasa