[pulseaudio-discuss] Sending all audio out S/PDIF

Tanu Kaskinen tanuk at iki.fi
Fri Aug 28 01:02:19 PDT 2009

pe, 2009-08-28 kello 01:22 +0000, Nasa kirjoitti:
> Hi,
>
> Earlier this month in a thread titled Pulse -> ALSA:spdif broken on my Fedora 10 system there was discussion on how to send audio
> out the digital (ie spdif) port.  At the end of the thread I gathered that adding the following to the default.pa file would do the trick...
>
> load-module module-alsa-sink devie=spdif
>
> However, I haven't had much luck -- getting the following errors:
>
> Failed to parse module arguments
> E: module.c: Failed to load  module "module-alsa-sink"
>

> Could someone enlighten me on what I am missing?

Looks like you have a typo on the load-module line: "deice" should be
"device".

After fixing that, giving just "spdif" as the device string may also
cause problems, because it doesn't specify the card. Maybe alsa defaults
to card 0, I don't know, but if not, use "spdif:<card_index>", eg.
"spdif:0".

--
Tanu Kaskinen