[pulseaudio-discuss] Priorities for sinks/source

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Sun Aug 30 09:31:33 PDT 2009

Excellent!

Thanks for this Lennart.

Do you have any objection to making these priorities user adjustable via
the protocol in some way? I know you intend this to be more or less
automatic for general out of the box use, but as we've discussed before,
the KDE GUI exposes the priority to the user.

I intend to add this priority capability into the module-history that
I'm working on (which remembers past sinks and sources and as a side
effect allows sinks/sources to be renamed).

I will update it shortly to also store the priority of the sink and
"manage" this such that it can be exposed to the user if so desired.

I know you don't want this kind of functionality as a general rule for
Gnome, but is there any logical problem (e.g. in terms of the
implementation or intentions for the future) with me using it this way?

   Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]