[pulseaudio-discuss] pa_fdsem racy?

Daniel Mack daniel at caiaq.de
Sun Dec 6 14:49:32 PST 2009

On Tue, Dec 01, 2009 at 01:34:11PM +0100, Daniel Mack wrote:
> while debugging more details about the Mac OS X port of pulseaudio, I
> constently stumble over more and more things that demand attention.

Oh well, forget about that. This turned out to be yet another Mac OS X
breakage.

For pipe descriptors, recv() with a MSG_PEEK flags will actually eat up
data, which is exactly what it must _not_ do. WTF. Ridiculous, really.
I added more hacks to catch that and queued them up.

The PA daemon will now reliably startup as expected.

Daniel