[pulseaudio-discuss] Pulse 9.0.19 compiled and installed, but there is no the possibility of PulseAudio Server in Sound Preferences

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Wed Dec 9 03:20:25 PST 2009

'Twas brillig, and Alvaro Alonso Jiménez at 09/12/09 10:49 did gyre and
gimble:
> as I have said in the header, I have installed PulseAudio 9.0.19,

I presume you mean 0.9.19? If so please use 0.9.21 instead. It fixes
several bugs in 0.9.19.

> but I
> dont have the choice of configuring the sound to be managed by
> pulseaudio instead of the Alsa one (when I had the 9.0.10 and the 9.0.14
> installed, I did!). Any idea about how can I make that choice appear?

Not sure what you mean here, but I presume you mean a distro level
integration. Pulseaudio itself does not contain a tool that lets you
choose whether your system is using PulseAudio or ALSA for it's sound
layer, this is something that distributions need to do.

In mandriva we handle this choice via the draksound utility which is
part of the Mandriva Control Centre. I'm not sure how other distros do
this (if they do it at all).

So I advise you to speak with the people from your distro first and
foremost. If you want to "go it alone", then you can follow this guide:
http://www.pulseaudio.org/wiki/PerfectSetup

HTHs

  Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]