[pulseaudio-discuss] Pulse 9.0.19 compiled and installed, but there is no the possibility of PulseAudio Server in Sound Preferences

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Wed Dec 9 04:37:44 PST 2009

'Twas brillig, and Alvaro Alonso Jiménez at 09/12/09 11:11 did gyre and
gimble:
> Of course, I'm meaning that in System -> Preferences -> Sound, I dont
> have the choice of PulseAudio...

I presume you mean gnome-sound-prefrences then? If so, AFAIK, the more
recent Gnome version (this is a Gnome tool, not a PA tool) do not give
the option to use ALSA any more. This dialog has been completely
reworked to no longer give the user full control over the gstreamer
preferences (as this is what the old dialog effectively was IIRC).

I believe you can still bring up your gstreamer prefrences via:
gstreamer-properties, it's possible the menu item just changed to point
at a more appropriate tool.

The gnome-sound-preferences app is now a frontend to PulseAudio so it
will always be a PA specific tool.

You'll probably get a more authoritative response from a Gnome IRC
channel or Mailing list tho' as this is not technically part of the
PulseAudio project itself, it's part of Gnome.

HTHs

  Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]