[pulseaudio-discuss] Help for debugging a firefox/flashplugin/pulseaudio issue

Ozan Çağlayan ozan at pardus.org.tr
Tue Dec 22 14:48:26 PST 2009

Hi,

We have a system where we have the following scenario that we can't
manually reproduce:

Prereqs:

- Firefox is open with many tabs including Last.fm, youtube and possibly
other sites containing flash applications,
- Amarok or another is generally running *but* nothing is currently
played from it.

>From time to time and especially when that firefox is left running for a
long time(possibly left running while one of the tabs I've mentioned was
*playing* some music); firefox stops playing sounds.

It's also quite possible that the user locks his KDE session when
leaving the computer.

>From pacmd we can see that the relevant source-input (registered by
firefox) is still there even all the tabs are closed. Its state is
DRAINED. The only solution is to kill firefox which causes the
source-input to disappear. Killing and relaunching firefox fixes the
problem.

Seen that we can't reproduce the bug consistently, I wanted to set up
some debugging stuff(e.g. setting the log-level to debug for PA and
possible other suggestions from you) on that system and try to get
detailed information from it once the problem happens again.

This is a 2.6.30.9 box with PulseAudio 0.9.15.

Thanks,
Ozan