[pulseaudio-discuss] Pulseaudio in general - does it make sense?

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Tue Dec 22 15:48:10 PST 2009

'Twas brillig, and Gene Heskett at 22/12/09 20:49 did gyre and gimble:
> On Tuesday 22 December 2009, Arun Raghavan wrote:
>> On Tue, 2009-12-22 at 12:47 -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:
>> [...]
>>
>>> Coding is kewl, I do it myself on smaller systems, but  where are the man
>>> pages that should allow us to make it Just Work(TM)?
>>
>> [...]
>>
>>> I think the majority of us are interested.  And contrary to rumors extant
>>> all over the web, the majority of us _can_ read and follow directions.
>>> We just don't have a thing to read yet.
>>
>> [...]
>>
>> Have you seen this: http://www.pulseaudio.org/wiki/PerfectSetup ?
>>
> Now I have.  And it seems awfully complex for something that should just
> work.

This is more aimed at distro's to ensure their packages are configured
correctly out of the box.

This is why a lot of perceive PA problems are really the fault of
configuration.

> Also printed for reference since I have no sound on the mandriva 2010 64 bit
> install

Have you got a bug number for this... it must have slipped under my
radar, sorry :(

Obviously I'm running Mandriva and I also use the 64 bit version, so
fundamentally there is nothing broken, but there can obviously be
numerous places where problems can arise so we should be able to narrow
down where the problem is.

  Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]