[pulseaudio-discuss] Pulseaudio in general - does it make sense?

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at gmail.com
Tue Dec 22 19:12:59 PST 2009

On Tuesday 22 December 2009, Colin Guthrie wrote:
>'Twas brillig, and Gene Heskett at 22/12/09 20:49 did gyre and gimble:
>> On Tuesday 22 December 2009, Arun Raghavan wrote:
>>> On Tue, 2009-12-22 at 12:47 -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:
>>> [...]
>>>
>>> [...]
>>>
>>> [...]
>>>
>>> Have you seen this: http://www.pulseaudio.org/wiki/PerfectSetup ?
>>
>> Now I have.  And it seems awfully complex for something that should just
>> work.
>
>This is more aimed at distro's to ensure their packages are configured
>correctly out of the box.
>
>This is why a lot of perceive PA problems are really the fault of
>configuration.
>
>> Also printed for reference since I have no sound on the mandriva 2010 64
>> bit install
>
>Have you got a bug number for this... it must have slipped under my
>radar, sorry :(
>
>Obviously I'm running Mandriva and I also use the 64 bit version, so
>fundamentally there is nothing broken, but there can obviously be
>numerous places where problems can arise so we should be able to narrow
>down where the problem is.
>
>Col

Well, before I attack the sound, I must have it working well enough for email
to work, and when I next boot it, I will likely concentrate on that before I
come crawling back for help with the silent audio.  Once email is working,
and I have moved my /root/.mozilla here to /me/.mozilla on the mandriva
install and fixed any perms that discloses, then I'll be ready to rumble on
this.  Thanks Colin.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

Always draw your curves, then plot your reading.