[pulseaudio-discuss] changing pa_buffer_attr in pulse's settings possible?

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Wed Dec 23 05:49:11 PST 2009

On Wed, 23.12.09 14:34, Halim Sahin (halim.sahin at freenet.de) wrote:

> Hi,

> Can I setup the default vallues of the pa_buffer_attr in pulse's
> settings?

What do you mean by "default"? For compat reasons the default is 250ms
or so. If we didnt have to care for compat I'd pick a 2s default...

> I need to change the value of pa_buffer_attr.tlength.  If this isn't
> supported can you please add this in the upcomming pulseaudio
> version?

I am not sure this would be a good idea. The latency PA is configured
to should be up to the developer who sould choose the highest possible
latency that is still sufficient for his application use case. It
should not be something that isup to the user.

lennart [at] poettering [dot] net