[pulseaudio-discuss] TeamSpeak 3

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Sat Dec 26 05:37:15 PST 2009

'Twas brillig, and Vadim Peretokin at 24/12/09 16:58 did gyre and gimble:
> Since the discussion focus has turned to providing solutions for
> problems, I'm wondering if the collective mind can figure out as to why
> doesn't the new teamspeak 3 client does not work in certain cases. The
> use case here is ubuntu kk, pa 0.9.19.

I don't personally use Teamspeak, but I did take the time to email them
back in August to enquire as to PA compatibility and offer them help etc.

I got a message back saying it should all work fine.

"TS3 runs fine on top of pulse-audio's alsa layer, it also supports
ESD and OSS. TS3 is built on the sound middle-ware fmod (
http://www.fmod.org ),
so whenever they add a new back-end, TS3 should magically support that too."

So I'd raise the issue with TS3 devs directly or look into either
improving fmod's alsa support or perhaps even writing a pulse backend
for fmod (one may exist already - not looked).

  Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]