[pulseaudio-discuss] Two outputs

Tanu Kaskinen tanuk at iki.fi
Mon Dec 28 09:11:14 PST 2009

ma, 2009-12-28 kello 17:22 +0100, Josu Lazkano kirjoitti:
> Thanks for respond, I add this on the file:
>
> [Profile output:analog-stereo+output:iec958-stereo+output:hdmi-stereo
> +input:analog-stereo]
> description = Personalizado
> output-mappings = analog-stereo iec958-stereo hdmi-stereo
> input-mappings = analog-stereo
>
> Here is all the config: http://pastebin.com/f7349bfdc
>
> I reboot, but there is no "Personalizado" on the profile.

That's probably because pulseaudio wasn't able to activate that profile.
According to your original message you don't need HDMI at the same time
with the others. I recommend removing the hdmi mapping from the profile,
because each additional mapping reduces the possibility that all
mappings of the profile can be opened at the same time, and if they
can't be opened, then the profile won't be available.

For the same reason you can try removing the analog-stereo input mapping
from the profile, unless you actually need to have a mic available at
the same time as the two outputs.

If it still doesn't work, chances are that your sound card doesn't
support opening both outputs at the same time.

> Is there other way?

As Colin said in his first response, you can add a separate sink for one
of the outputs manually in default.pa, but I don't think it will work
any better than creating the new profile.

--
Tanu Kaskinen