[pulseaudio-discuss] asyncq.c: q overrun, queuing locally

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Tue Dec 29 02:03:55 PST 2009

'Twas brillig, and Chris at 29/12/09 02:43 did gyre and gimble:
> I noticed tonight that when I was copying a 1.2Gb file to my thumb drive
> that it took forever. From a suggestion in another list I ran in a
> terminal pulseaudio -k ; pulseaudio -vvvv. I've attached the output. One
> other thing of note, after disabling pulseaudio I was able to copy the
> file in around 3minutes. In the previous example I had to stop the copy
> process after 15 minutes at only 50%. This is on:
>
> Mandriva 2010
> pulseaudio 0.9.19-7mdv2010.0
> Gnome 2.28.0
>
> Any other information I need to provide please let me know.

D'oh. Ignore my last question about disk IO etc. I know your drive is
trashing... totally forgot to make connection from Mdv bug report and
thread on alsa ML :p

So I guess the problem is in some capacity PA freaking out in some
capacity due to the alsa error and causing the thrashing, which in turn
causes some IO cloggage which prevents your xfer going at a sensible
speed... I'm not really sure more than that... tho'. Hopefully someone
cleverer than me can offer a thought on your log file.

  Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]