[pulseaudio-discuss] Using 5.1 outputs seperately

Emre Erenoglu erenoglu at gmail.com
Tue Dec 29 03:19:56 PST 2009

Hi,

I have small speakers embedded into my LCD and a more powerful home stereo
system.

The standard intel codec onboard has stereo jacks which are front left (FL),
front right (FR), rear left (RL), rear right (RR), center and subwoofer.

I would like to use FL/FR and RL/RR seperately, ie, connect:

FL/FR --> LCD small speakers
RL/RR --> Home Stereo

and be able to route sound from one jack to the other with Pulseaudio, or
assign Firefox to FL/FR and Juk or Amarok to RL/RR.

Would the previously mentioned profiles let me do that?  (I used to make a
asound.conf and map the PA sinks to those virtual outputs but that might be
a bit complicated). If yes, could you point me to some documentation?

Thanks for any comments,

--
Emre