[pulseaudio-discuss] how to make nted work with pulseaudio

Rustom Mody rustompmody at gmail.com
Wed Dec 30 10:08:25 PST 2009

Hello

We folks who are using nted -> timidity to compose/demonstrate music
are confused:
The nted site says nted cannot work with pulseaudio
http://vsr.informatik.tu-chemnitz.de/staff/jan/nted/doc/ch01s50.html

There are a number of posts on the ubuntu forums explaining how to
make pulseaudio work including this one
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1259057 which claims to have
solved exactly this problem by using jack without spelling out how.
And others like http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=843012 which
are very detailed and contain all sorts of differences from hardy and
jaunty and interpid and what not.  Since now I am on karmic, even if I
unravel all the differences its not clear what applies and what not

Can someone give a a way or at least a suggestion about how to use
nted with timidity and pulse or just confirm that its not possible to
make nted/timidity and pulse work together and that we just have to
make do without pulse if we intend to use nted/timidity

Thanks

Rustom