[pulseaudio-discuss] how to make nted work with pulseaudio

Rustom Mody rustompmody at gmail.com
Wed Dec 30 20:53:25 PST 2009

On Wed, Dec 30, 2009 at 11:42 PM, Daniel Chen <seven.steps at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 30, 2009 at 1:08 PM, Rustom Mody <rustompmody at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Can someone give a a way or at least a suggestion about how to use
>> nted with timidity and pulse or just confirm that its not possible to
>> make nted/timidity and pulse work together and that we just have to
>> make do without pulse if we intend to use nted/timidity
>
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DebuggingSoundProblems/KarmicCaveats#timidity

Following the instructions there:
Adding the line
TIM_ALSASEQPARAMS="-Oe"
gives syntax errors when starting timidity.  I tried all the variants
that I could think of prefixing an opt, removing the quote etc -- no
use

So I try calling timidity by hand thus:
$ timidity -iA -Oe -s 44100
TiMidity starting in ALSA server mode
Opening sequencer port: 129:0 129:1 129:2 129:3

Ok so far
Now nted shows 8 midi ports
128:0 128:1 ... 129:0 ... 129:3

None of them work.