[pulseaudio-discuss] Sink for event sounds? WAS: paplay - sound roles?

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Thu Dec 31 03:27:30 PST 2009

'Twas brillig, and Ng Oon-Ee at 31/12/09 10:40 did gyre and gimble:
> On Tue, 2009-12-29 at 08:44 +0800, Ng Oon-Ee wrote:
>>
>> Hmm, is it then impossible to move event sounds? Doesn't seem like a
>> good way to do it.
>
> Any comments? I can't find a way to move event sounds from my laptop
> speakers to my BT headphone (and my soon-to-come USB audio card I
> suppose).

Just set the device as the default/fallback and it'll be used for event
sounds (as I said before).

Is this not flexible enough? There is technically no reason why we
cannot enable this kind of moving, but I guess Lennart originally
omitted it from pavucontrol for a reason so I would prefer his feedback
before committing to anything.

  Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]