[pulseaudio-discuss] Using pulseaudio with speakup

Bill Cox waywardgeek at gmail.com
Thu Dec 31 08:07:57 PST 2009

I was able to get to a semi-good state by not having pulseaudio
autospawn in /etc/pulse/client.conf.  The computer comes up silent
until I log into gnome, and Orca works.  When I switch to a console,
it's silent until I log in and restart speechd-up.

The problem is that there is no audio at the console until I log in.
There is also no audio at the gnome login.  Grr...

Isn't there any way to get audio working before a user logs in?

Bill