[pulseaudio-discuss] Organizing a PulseAudio Developers Meeting

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Thu Feb 5 16:25:10 PST 2009

On Thu, 05.02.09 17:09, Jon Smirl (jonsmirl at gmail.com) wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 5, 2009 at 4:50 PM, Lennart Poettering
> <lennart at poettering.net> wrote:
> > Heya!
> >
> > Back at foss.in 2008 in Bangalore I spoke to a couple folks from Intel
> > (who I assume are on this mailing list, are you?) about the
> > possibility to arrange a PulseAudio developers meeting some time later
> > this year. Nokia folks seems to be very interested in this as
> > well. Before we can do this I'd like to have a better overview how
> > many people would actually show up for this. And that's why I am
> > writing this email.
>
> Have you asked the ALSA people to see if a joint Pulse/ALSA meeting
> would be possible?
>
> I'd love to see the ALSA HDA interface sorted out so that Pulse can
> properly deal with the devices.

That has been suggested before. Not sure if I agree though. I'd prefer
to keep this focussed. We already have FOMS which is a place where
people from different projects can meet. There's also the plumbers
conference. I don't think we need another one of these.

Also, in the past it has been very hard to convince the ALSA guys to
attend any conferences at all...