[pulseaudio-discuss] module-hal-detect not loading HDMI devices...

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Tue Feb 10 10:41:08 PST 2009

'Twas brillig, and Colin Guthrie at 10/02/09 18:26 did gyre and gimble:
> 'Twas brillig, and Lennart Poettering at 10/02/09 16:34 did gyre and gimble:
>> We only care about the first number, i.e. the 'card index'. The second
>> number (the 'device index') is selected by the ALSA 'interface',
>> i.e. the logic that's behind "hdmi:".
>>
>> In summary if output with "hdmi:1" works, then pa 0.9.15 will pick it
>> up, regardless what the 'device index' for the actual hdmi output
>> is. It's "hdmi:"'s job to figure that out for us.
>>
>> So, HDMI should work just fine with 0.9.15. And when it doesn't, it's
>> not my fault anymore... ;-)
>
> OK, I'll have to take your word for it as I cannot test.

Or not.... ;)

<mezcalero> coling: ok, you win
<mezcalero> it is indeed not picked up
<coling> \o/
<coling> :D
<mezcalero> i owe you a beer now

Just putting that on record for later redemption :p

   Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]