[pulseaudio-discuss] ticket #79 - disable IPv6 support

Jim Carter jimc at math.ucla.edu
Wed Feb 11 09:33:25 PST 2009

On Wed, 11 Feb 2009, Iain Hibbert wrote:

> I have worked on this, and new complete patch is attached - added
> HAVE_IPV6 to the config.h file and the configure script enables it by
> default, providing a '-disable-ipv6' option to turn it off if required. I
> didn't make an actual 'test for IPv6' as its complex and likely better to
> have it enabled (also, that caused no problems before now)

Excellent!

> The problem I found is not that the code does the right thing, but that
> the code won't link because of missing symbols (in6addr_loopback and
> in6addr_any are the usual suspects)

Hmmm....   I also see them declared as extern, but I can't find which
library has the definitions.  This is in OpenSuSE 11.1.  Like I said, I
don't know much about autoconf, but if you ever did figure out  how to do
it, the ideal would be to use its feature of attempting a little
compilation including those symbols, and if it linked then tne default
would be HAVE_IPv6 (or ENABLE_IPv6?) = 1, otherwise 0.  But sorry, I don't
know enough about autoconf to make this happen.

James F. Carter          Voice 310 825 2897    FAX 310 206 6673
UCLA-Mathnet;  6115 MSA; 520 Portola Plaza; Los Angeles, CA, USA  90095-1555
Email: jimc at math.ucla.edu    http://www.math.ucla.edu/~jimc (q.v. for PGP key)