[pulseaudio-discuss] stream and master volume below 50% mutes audio

Achim Frase achim.frase at googlemail.com
Fri Feb 13 00:57:41 PST 2009

Am Donnerstag, den 12.02.2009, 21:35 +0000 schrieb Brian J. Murrell:
> On Thu, 12 Feb 2009 09:35:17 +0000, Colin Guthrie wrote:
> >
> > To be honest, you really need to try the 0.9.15 test version with
> > module-position-event-sounds disabled.
>
> Yeah.  I understand what you are saying.
>
> But the reality is that I already only get 4-5h of sleep a night trying
> to manage all of the things that I need and want to do.  Adding managing
> my own pusleaudio packages on top of that is just not likely to happen.
>
> > There wont be any work done on 0.9.10, so we really need to make sure it
> > works properly in the newer versions.
>
> Again, completely understood.
>
> Now if it were just as easy as installing (Ubuntu Intrepid) packages, I
> might be convinced to go to at least that effort.  I just can't take on
> the task of updating the current Intrepid packages to 0.9.15 and then
> building and rebuilding to keep up with the development.
>
> Thanx for the info though.  Appreciate it.
>
> b.

So If you are looking for packages for ubuntu there is a PPA with the
latest version of PA.

https://launchpad.net/~themuso/+archive/ppa

I haven't tested it and I don't know if it works at the moment but you
could give it a try.

You could also ask TheMuso on IRC if he would recommend to install this
packages. He is the owner of that PPA.

Maybe they are only for Jaunty testing, I am not sure.

Regards
Achim