[pulseaudio-discuss] mplayer support

Ozan Çağlayan ozan at pardus.org.tr
Fri Feb 20 08:02:04 PST 2009

Colin Guthrie wrote:

>> r28668 | reimar | 2009-02-19 07:00:33 -0700 (Thu, 19 Feb 2009) | 2 lines
>>
>> Work around a PulseAudio bug that causes MPlayer to hang after unpausing.
>
> http://svn.mplayerhq.hu/mplayer/trunk/libao2/ao_pulse.c?r1=26775&r2=28668
>
> Nice, although I'm sure there is a more elegant fix.

PA <= 0.9.10 are not causing this weird bug. It may be related to tbsched stuff.
It was one of the main reasons that I didn't bump PA in Pardus repositories, we're still at
0.9.10. AFAIK, mplayer is not the only one who suffers from this pause/unpause hang, I
could reproduce it with kaffeine which uses xine backend.

--

Ozan Çağlayan
<ozan_at_pardus.org.tr>