[pulseaudio-discuss] Distribution kernels and glitch-free (Packagers, read this!)

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Mon Feb 23 02:14:24 PST 2009

'Twas brillig, and Lennart Poettering at 23/02/09 02:05 did gyre and gimble:
> OpenSUSE apparently does not enable it. The same is true for
> Ubuntu. Same for Debian. Note sure about Mandriva.

Here is a (not quite current) grep from my running kernel (it's .27 as
.28/.29 both break my intel graphics :( at the moment):

$ zgrep -E "HZ|PREEMP" /proc/config.gz
CONFIG_PREEMPT_NOTIFIERS=y
CONFIG_NO_HZ=y
# CONFIG_PREEMPT_NONE is not set
CONFIG_PREEMPT_VOLUNTARY=y
# CONFIG_PREEMPT is not set
# CONFIG_HZ_100 is not set
# CONFIG_HZ_250 is not set
# CONFIG_HZ_300 is not set
CONFIG_HZ_1000=y
CONFIG_HZ=1000
CONFIG_MACHZ_WDT=m

I'll ask our kernel team why PREEMPT is not on as I've no idea of the
consequences. My guess is that it relates to graphics drivers...

   Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]