[pulseaudio-discuss] PA terminated in stress test

Zhang, Xing Z xing.z.zhang at intel.com
Fri Feb 27 00:09:32 PST 2009

Hi Lennart:
	We met an issue when do a stress test on PA.
	We play ~10 streams and do pause/resume on them at will. The PA terminated after 2 ~ 5 minutes.

Below are logs:

E: alsa-sink.c: ALSA woke us up to write new data to the device, but there was actually nothing to write! Most likely this is an ALSA driver bug. Please report this issue to the ALSA developers. We were woken up with POLLOUT set -- however a subsequent snd_pcm_avail_update() returned 0.
W: ratelimit.c: 32 events suppressed
N: alsa-sink.c: Increasing wakeup watermark to 40.00 ms
N: alsa-sink.c: Increasing wakeup watermark to 80.00 ms
Soft CPU time limit exhausted, terminating.
E: cpulimit.c: Received request to terminate due to CPU overload

It seems a configuration issue. Could you give some comments? thanks

Zhang Xin(Wing)
Intel(SSG/OTC) ShangHai China