[pulseaudio-discuss] module-remap-sink question

Jan Kasprzak kas at fi.muni.cz
Fri Jan 16 06:44:24 PST 2009

Jan Kasprzak wrote:
:
: > I seem to remember (I had this problem before) that pulseaudio by default
: > applies mixing to a greater than stereo card if a stereo sample is sent
: > to it. At the time there was a flag or option in the config file that
: > could be set, but since I didn't end up going that route I don't have
: > it anymore. I believe it was Lennart who gave me the hint to the issue
: > (and might have actually fixed my specific issue in the code). This was
: > back in 9.10, which I am still running.
: >
: > Just another avenue to explore, sometimes that's all you need.
:
: 	OK, I have found that PA inded does this (see the
: src/pulsecore/resampler.c:calc_map_table() function).
: Thanks!
:
: 	It also explains my observations with special behaviour of the
: Subwoofer/LFE channel - it is hardcoded for the LFE there).
: It is apparently driven by the PA_RESAMPLER_NO_REMAP flag,
: but I have to figure out where can I set this flag and whether it
: can be done without recompiling PA.

	OK, the "remix=no" on the module-remap-sink did the job.
I have added the description of this option to the documentation at

http://pulseaudio.org/wiki/Modules

	Also, naming the all channels but the first two "aux0 to aux5"
instead of "rear-left,rear-right,center,subwoofer,side-left,side-right"
does the job, because the aux channels are not included in the default
PA up-mixing. This is even written in the example, I don't know why did
I overlooked it.

-Yenya

--
| Jan "Yenya" Kasprzak  <kas at {fi.muni.cz - work | yenya.net - private}> |
| GPG: ID 1024/D3498839      Fingerprint 0D99A7FB206605D7 8B35FCDE05B18A5E |