[pulseaudio-discuss] if user in audio group, padsp not work correctly?

vidal_joshur at gva.es vidal_joshur at gva.es
Tue Jan 20 06:42:53 PST 2009

Hello

I'm using pulseaudio 0.9.10 in Ubuntu and jclic (OSS application) with
the command PADSP_DEBUG=2 padsp -s ip_pulse_server jclic.

If the user belongs to the audio group, padsp not redirect the sound
and not work in client, but if I remove the user from audio group,
padsp redirects correctly  the sound to pulseaudio server specified
with param -s or PULSE_SERVER.

What may be the cause?, Also could be forced to connect to the
specified pulseaudio server without check the audio group?

Thanks